Partnerships built on history and tradition to benefit students
The BBE Advisory Council consists of organizations, government agencies, businesses and individuals. These members are actively engaged in the broad areas of bioproducts and biosystems. They support the educational and research mission of the department through the following subcommittees:
- Academic Advisory - Support the faculty with undergraduate curricula and accreditation of the departmental programs.
- External Relations - Leverage industry partners to provide students with financial support, networking and employment opportunities, which will in turn grow the Council.
- Student Recruitment and Retention - Assist with bringing new students to our programs and then providing services and activities to retain them throughout their college career.
Board members for 2022-23
- Shri Ramaswamy, Secretary
- Hua Zhao, Treasurer
- Erik Joerres, Program Support
Board of directors
- Pat Gruber, Gevo
- Joseph Moidl, General Mills
- Jeff Chambers, 3M
- Tom Radovich, SAPPI North America
- Leigh Henning, Barr Engineering
- Mike Gunderson, WestRock
- Mike Dillion, Lexington Manufacturing
- Carroll Korb, Forest Products Distributors Inc.
- Thomas Murphy, Liberty Paper Inc.
Join the advisory council
If you or your business is interested in joining the department's advisory council, please e-mail [email protected].