Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering Makerspace
This video was created by CFANS.
The Makerspace has more than 3,000 square feet of tools, equipment, and work space where our students can build, work, and create.
More than 100 students have access to the space to learn skills such as:
- Laser cutting
- 3D printing
Student groups are in the early stages of planning activities that will make use of the Makerspace for prototyping solutions to real-world problems.
Tools and equipment
We have the following tools and equipment for students to use:
- Wood tools
- Metal tools, including welders
- Electronics bench
- Laser cutter
- 3D printer
- Hand tools
Training is required before students can use the Makerspace.
Contact us and location
For more information, contact the following faculty coordinators:
- Engineering and Fisheries Lab, Room 48 (accessed through the Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Building)
To foster and manage a safe place for students to take an idea and turn it into reality.
It is in this space that confidence can be built and skills complementary to coursework can be learned.
We want the Makerspace to be a place for:
- Creation, discovery, invention, exploration, design, and learning
- Collaboration among students and community members to prototype and create manufactured works not possible with resources available to individuals working alone
- Combining tools and manufacturing equipment, community, and education
Be a Makerspace partner
Help us maintain and enhance the student learning experience in the Makerspace by becoming a partner.