Undergraduate Courses and Electives
View a current course listing and other requirements for each major:
- Bioproducts and biosystem engineering courses and major requirements
- Sustainable systems management courses and major requirements
We offer a variety of online courses on topics such as renewable energy, food sustainability, recycling, and more. The courses also meet liberal education credits.
Electives vary based on your major.
Bioproducts and biosystems engineering major
Technical electives are required for each specialization:
Sustainable systems management major
Students are encouraged to make choices that strengthen their expertise in an area and provide comparative understanding from another culture or discipline. To this end, students should strongly consider using free electives to complete a university minor, study abroad experience, or a student-designed content area.
Learning outside the classroom
Enhance your education and gain experience in your field by learning outside the classroom.
Learning abroad opportunities
- College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences Office of International Programs
- College of Science and Engineering Learn Abroad
- University of Minnesota Learning Abroad Center
Community involvement and service-learning
- The University of Minnesota Center for Community-Engaged Learning offers opportunities for students to engage in off-campus experiential learning through community work and place-based educational programs.
4-year plans for bioproducts and biosystems engineering major
- Bioproducts engineering specialization (PDF)
- Environmental and ecological engineering specialization (PDF)
- Food engineering specialization (PDF)
BBE 2001 may be replaced by AEM 2021 with DUGS permission.