1390 Eckles Ave
St. Paul, MN 55108
- M.S. - Water Resources, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. 1994.
- B.S. - Biology (Environmental Science emphasis), Wheaton College, Illinois. 1986.
Areas of Interest
Over 25 years of experience researching and studying water resources issues. Areas of research have included water quality, stream hydrology and geomorphology, water treatment applications of a natural plant product (sphagnum moss), water resources management plans for Voyageurs National Park and St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, Eurasian watermilfoil ecology and biocontrol.
- Fiegel V.D., Holmberg, K.L., and Knighton, D.R. (2012, October). Effect of Sphagnum Moss on Biofilm and Disinfection By-Products. Poster presented at 9th Annual World Aquatic Health Conference, Norfolk, VA
- Holmberg, K.L., Odde, B.Y. and Perry, J.A. 2005. Voyageur National Park Water Resources Management Plan. National Park Service, U.S.Department of the Interior.Voyageurs National Park, International Falls, MN.
- Macbeth, Eric, Holmberg, K.L., Perry J.A., Ferrin R. 1999. Assessment and Classification of Aquatic Habitat in the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway. For the National Park Service. St. Croix Falls, WI.
- Holmberg, K.L., Perry, J.A., Ferrin, R.S. and Sharrow, D.L. 1997. St. Croix National Scenic Riverway Water Resources Management Plan. National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior. St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, St. Croix Falls, WI.
- Newman, R.M., Holmberg, K.L., Biesboer, D.D. and Penner, B.G. 1995. Effects of a potential biocontrol agent, Euhrychiopsis lecontei, on Eurasian watermilfoil in experimental tanks. Aquat. Bot. 53:131-150.