The biggest barrier we see to the long term success of the Makerspace is the simple economics of creating and building. Every project has an associated cost.
We do not want the cost of supplies (e.g., screws, plastic panels, 3-D printer filament, etc.) and maintenance to keep students from designing, innovating, creating, discovering, and learning.
Help us maintain and enhance the student learning experience in the Makerspace in the following ways:
- Provide for future tools, equipment, supplies, updates, and Makerspace management
- Sponsor student projects
- Volunteer your time in the ongoing operation
Tools, equipment, supplies: $10,000
- Plasma cutter: $1,500
- Stationary sander: $1,000
- A second 3D printer: $2,500
- Consumables or cost of supplies for students: $5,000
Work space improvement: $15,000
- Electrical outlets and lighting needs
Makerspace management: $25,000
- More staffing and management needed to make sure students are safe and help them apply their newfound skills to problem solving
- Staffing needs for the Makerspace include student workers and space management
- Would like to have someone in the space 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
If you or your organization would like to partner with us, please contact Head Gary Sands, 612-625-4756, [email protected].
For more information, contact the following faculty coordinators: