Business management to advance sustainable products, business and industry, and the bioeconomy
Sustainable products business management is a combination of three topics:
You will learn how to apply sales, marketing, and business management to bring sustainable, renewable products and technologies to consumers.
- View a sample sustainable products business management 4-year plan
- Take courses and electives taught by internationally-recognized faculty
Minors and certificate
- Minors that complement sustainable products business management would be management, marketing, sustainability studies, corporate environmental management, or applied economics
- Consider the Technical Communication Certificate
Research opportunities with our faculty
We have an active research faculty, and some may have opportunities for you to work on a project.
As a student with a specialization in sustainable products business management, you may want to consider the following research area within our department:
- Biomass Conversion and Utilization
- Building Systems
- Environmental Management and Sustainable Systems
- Renewable Energy
Explore more research opportunities
Admission and degree
You can apply for admission to the University of Minnesota College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences.
You will graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Systems Management with a specialization in sustainable products business management, which will appear on your official transcript.
Our graduates are involved in the marketing, management, and commercialization of sustainable products.
If you have questions, would like to meet faculty, or tour our labs, please e-mail [email protected] or contact our SSM major coordinators: