Corporate Sustainability Systems Emphasis
Addressing sustainable environmental management solutions
Corporate sustainability systems prepares you to address the environmental impact of a business or organization by:
- Recognizing sustainable business opportunities that generate value associated with a firm's products and manufacturing processes
- Identifying opportunities to improve current and future environmental impacts to both the firm and society
Learn how environmental life cycle assessment, corporate environmental strategy, and environmental regulatory compliance can add value to a company's bottom line. Topics you'll focus on include:
- Analytical tools
- The business, legal, regulatory, and ethical framework in which industrial firms operate
- Techniques used to reduce and improve the environmental impacts of industrial activity
- Physical, chemical, and biological mechanisms to manage industrial waste emissions
- Effective risk communication
- View a sample corporate sustainability systems 4-year plan
- Take courses and electives taught by internationally-recognized faculty
Minors and certificate
- Minors that complement corporate sustainability systems would be management, sustainability studies, applied economics, or economics
- Consider the Technical Communication Certificate
Research opportunities with our faculty
We have an active research faculty, and some may have opportunities for you to work on a project.
As a student with an emphasis in corporate sustainability systems, you may want to consider the following research area within our department:
Explore more undergraduate research opportunities
Admission and degree
You can apply for admission to the University of Minnesota College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences.
You will graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Systems Management with an emphasis in corporate sustainability systems, which will appear on your official transcript.
If you have questions, would like to meet faculty, or tour our labs, please fill out our contact form or contact our SSM major coordinators: