Water Resources Intern
Fort Collins, Co
Wenck is seeking applicants for our 2020 Summer Internship Program!
As an Intern for the Water Services Group (H20) Group, you can expect to carry out a variety of different tasks related to water supply, wastewater and water resource management. Every day will allow you to work on an interesting project, while expanding your knowledge as you gain field and office experience in many disciplines.
This position will be based out of our Fort Collins, CO office with a targeted start date on/near May 18, 2020 through August 12, 2020.
The Water Services group scope of services includes water supply investigation, wastewater, water resource planning, hydrologic/hydraulic/water quality modeling, environmental review, facility operations and maintenance, monitoring and reporting, stormwater permitting, field investigations and construction documents, and construction management. The wide variety of tasks you may be involved in makes every day interesting by expanding your knowledge as you gain field and office experience. Position responsibilities will vary dependent on workload and current projects for the duration of the internship.
- Currently pursuing or graduated with a minimum of a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, environmental science, or related field from an ABET accredited university.
- Experience with software programs including HydroCAD, AutoCAD, Civil3D, GIS and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Relative office or field experience. Examples: Construction, Surveying, Field Sampling, Drafting, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer service experience/skills are desired.
At Wenck, the responsibility of our interns is to:
- First and foremost, respect and assist our clients by being responsive and reliable employees.
- Second, safety is a priority at Wenck. Safe practices in the field and office are required by not only our interns, but by each and every employee.
- Lastly, as an intern, you are responsible to continually ask questions and grow in your relative field. Our employees will gladly answer any questions you have and will make sure your time with Wenck is an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
- Additional tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Construction observation, soil and water sampling, QA/QC, and surveying
- Drafting, computer modeling, data entry, assistance with preparation of construction plans and specifications, and communicating with clients.
- Serving our customers with by completing indirect tasks such as transporting equipment/tools between job sites, running samples to the appropriate laboratory, or delivering vehicles/equipment for maintenance and general office assistance.
- Providing support to other groups within Wenck, as business needs dictate, allowing exposure to other disciplines and client types related to engineering and environmental science.
- Commensurate with education, training, and experience.
To apply visit here.