Technical Team Member
Heaters, West Virginia
The Technical Team Member at Sutton West Virginia OSB is responsible for ensuring all quality expectations are met for the manufacturing site. Weyerhaeuser offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and outstanding career development. This position reports to the Technical Team Leader and is classified as full time, salaried non-exempt. The essence of this role requires a highly motivated, people-oriented individual to commit to a proactive, practical application of safety and day to day operations.
The Technical Team Member is accountable for the continuous monitoring of product quality and optimizes the product and process in response to current operating conditions. The Technical Team Member must be able to work independently and with urgency, offering feedback and recommendations on immediate or potential quality issues or opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Wood Science/Sustainable Biomaterials or similar technical degree
- Commitment to actively promoting and exhibiting an attitude of safety and caring
- Ability and willingness to practice safe work habits and follow all safety policies
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Use a personal computer, including proficiency in computer applications such as Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Independently analyze data and recommend alternate courses of action
- Take direction and willingness to take initiative on new tasks
- Organize and plan priorities
- Problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability and willingness to read and comprehend technical and non-technical information
- Work with little direction from the supervisor
- Ability and willingness to safety operate lab saws
- Use applied math skill or statistical methods
- Lift and handle materials up to 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness work in a cooperative "high performance" work system
- Quickly adjust to meet customer requirements and needs
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability and willingness to meet attendance requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Resume detailing education and work history required for consideration
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing facility is preferred
How to apply
- Visit wy.com/careers
- Set up a personal profile
- Click on “Search for Jobs”
- Search by specific job #01012947
- Click on “Apply Online”
**Please note: You must apply online to be considered an applicant**