Research Associate, Bioprocessing
Redwood City, California
Codexis seeks a highly motivated Research Assistant/Associate to join the Bioprocessing department to work at Codexis Pilot Plant. This position will report to the Pilot Plant Manager.
- Perform fermentation and recovery procedures for standard production of enzymes.
- Monitor fermentation and recovery processes.
- Analyze process samples, using biological, biochemical, and chemical analytical methods.
- Work with process engineering to perform routine maintenance of fermentation and downstream recovery systems.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials.
- Prepare buffers and fermentation media.
- Clean and sterilize glassware and equipment assemblies timely according to the manufacturing schedule.
- Draft equipment and process SOPs and Process Safety Reviews.
- Comply with Safety policies, Quality policies and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, and manufacturing documentation.
- Direct hands-on experience with fermentation processes.
- Experience with downstream processing unit operations such as centrifugation, homogenization, ultrafiltration is desirable.
- Ability to work with engineering and management to implement improved and new operational procedures.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, documentation, organization, good record keeping, writing reports and SOPs.
- Organized, capable of detailed planning and able to meticulously follow operating procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and tidy lab environment.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Operates with a high level of safety awareness and attention to detail.
BS degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
Note: The official job posting asks for two years of experience, but if you have interest, please apply. You can contact Jackie Fleming, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information and to send a resume.