Wood From The Hood
Wood From The Hood is seeking an eager individual looking to expand their knowledge of working with reclaimed urban trees. We are a local urban lumber company with an immediate opening for a Production Assistant. This person will schedule and organize our inventory, run our state-of-the-art Wood Wizz slab flattener, handle lumber appointments with our amazing clients, schedule and load our kilns and assist in the lumber yard/mill and with project management when needed. Opportunities to grow with the company.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Experience working with trees and lumber necessary
- Customer service experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of lumber cuts, species, SF/BF
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, AutoCAD a plus)
- Forklift experience
- Regular heavy lifting of 100 lbs.
- Clean driving record wit trailer pulling experience
Hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to Jon@woodfromthehood.com. Equal opportunity employer with an environmentally- and sustainability-focused team.