Wisconsin Rapids, WI
The purpose of this position is to provide high-quality process support and technical leadership to the mill’s operations group resulting in improved product quality, productivity and reduced costs. It is a full-time position.
- Evaluate product improvement or cost optimization projects by conducting trials including development of trial plans and authoring trial reports
- Improve product quality while implementing cost and variability reduction initiatives
- Develop manufacturing specifications for new grades through pilot coater and machine evaluations
- Reduce environmental impact and provide technical support for key departments
- Provide problem solving and analytical skills and leadership
- Assist with machine shut downs and start up
- Have the ability to problem solve
- Possess a drive for results
- Make quality decisions
- Be skilled in process management
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity
- Be action oriented
- Able to make timely decisions
- Able to create strong peer relationships
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and/or Paper Science is preferred; however a BS in other engineering disciplines will be considered.
- Experience in process engineering in an industrial setting preferred but not required or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Self-starter able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Possess ambulatory capabilities to move freely about the mill, ascend and descend ladders and stairways, and tolerate temperature extremes
- Provide on-call and weekend duty coverage within a designated rotation.
See the position on handshake here and apply on the company website