Dunn Paper is the leading manufacturer of specialty papers for high performance, niche applications and have been producing quality paper since 1924. Locations in the United States & Canada, we have an international presence and are driven by local community values. We are proud to produce some of the finest papers and have extraordinary loyal customers and vendors.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Relief Shift Supervisor/Process Engineer will be responsible for 50% of their time providing shift supervision to the operational areas in the mill. The remaining 50% of their time will be working on long-term process improvement projects. This position will be required to work various shifts which include: days, nights, weekends in a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Assign and direct work as needed.
• Supervise production and certify that safety and quality is being maintained throughout the operations.
• Effectively communicate day-to-day information on critical and routine issues affecting safety, productivity, quality, and personnel to shift successor.
• Ensure training is provided when needed.
• Develops working knowledge of all process areas in Areas including process flow, operator responsibility, and areas for improvement.
• Assists with data collection for justification of capital expenditures.
• Monitors process variables and recommends changes in operation for improved performance.
• Work on improvement projects where needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, chemical, or bio-resource (pulp & paper) science engineering required.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in pulp and paper manufacturing preferred or 2-3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
Dunn Paper offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For interested applicants, please send resume to email@example.com or mail to:
C/O Human Resource Dept.
144 First Street
Menominee, MI 49858