Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) Engineering Co-Ops
International Falls, MN
PCA is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of paper, containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S.
- Coordinate projects during design and construction.• Assist with software and hardware checkout on new systems and control strategies.
- Build and implement equipment maintenance databases.
- Perform data collection and analysis for production optimization.
- Work with engineers, maintenance, consultants, contractors, vendors, and operations.
- Coordinate inspection programs for tanks and pressure vessels.
- Work on special projects to optimize chemical usage in the pulping process.
- Automate data collection and reporting for production benchmarks.
- The successful candidate is currently attending college in their sophomore year pursing a degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical, or paper science engineering.
- Exhibit excellent communication, analytical, computer skills, and have 2.5/4.0GPA.
- The selected individual should be proficient in MS word, excel, and power point. Also, the selected individual will be required to interface with department staff and hourly personal and must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and be able to work on projects and interpret results with little oversight.
- Any previous industrial exposure is of benefit.