Environmental Compliance Intern 2019
U.S. Compliance Corporation
U.S. Compliance Corporation is looking to fill an internship from January 2019 to July 1, 2019.
Throughout your internship with USCC, you will work with our energetic team within the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA) department. You will gain valuable experience in environmental compliance, time management, organization and general business operations. The position will primarily engage in the preparation and submittal of Tier II hazardous material storage and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reports. You will also get the opportunity to visit local clients to observe the industry in practice.
Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing industrial clients for applicability to regulations
- Reviewing and updating various environmental reporting requirements
- Assisting in completing local, state, and federal reports
- Collaborating with team members
Both undergrad and grad students will be considered. Anyone with an interest in environmental regulation, the manufacturing industry, or the corporate side of the environmental world would be a great fit for the intern positions. It is a great way for students, especially seniors, to get their foot in the door as U.S. Compliance Corporation typically considers seniors for full-time hire, post-completion of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in environmental science, environmental management, environmental engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience and knowledge working with Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and punctual
Internship dates and pay rate
- From January 2019 through July 1, 2019
- Must be able to work 20-25 hours throughout the course of the internship; flexible schedules are allowed
- Pay rate: $15 per hour