Eco Experience Student Worker - Job ID 38249
Saint Paul, MN
The position is part-time (approximately 10 hours/week) beginning in April 2020, while classes are in session, and full-time during the summer months. The position is based at the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, 520 Lafayette Road N, Saint Paul, MN 55155. This position will help plan and execute the 2020 Eco Experience at the Minnesota State Fair. The position will provide assistance to Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) staff members in areas related to volunteer management, communications, logistics, database management, set-up, and operation.
Specific duties include:
- Participating on 1-2 exhibit committees
- Writing event communications
- Supporting staff trainings
- Providing support for set up and event logistics, including management of exhibits and exhibit materials
- Assisting with volunteer management and managing a database of volunteers
- Helping with Sustainability Stage recruitment and scheduling
- Assisting with on-site preparation and staffing
- College student enrolled in a field related to environmental protection or communications.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues and sustainability.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
- (To be eligible for appointment as a Student Worker you must be a student enrolled in an educational program or planning to enroll within three months. Students may be "off" for the summer or for one semester/quarter and remain employed as student workers, but such absences cannot exceed one semester/quarter in a year. As a student you must be enrolled in high school or in a post-secondary or graduate program. If a student is enrolled at a credit-granting institution he/she must carry at least six semester (nine quarter) credits. If enrolled at a non-credit granting institution or one that only offers one credit per class, a student must be taking two or more classes per semester/quarter. Any lesser credit (class) load shall be treated as a semester/quarter off. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least two courses or making progress on a dissertation. You will be asked to complete an Educational Verification form prior to appointment.)
- Event planning or volunteer management experience.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
Driver's License Requirements
- Position duties may require travel but driving is not a minimum qualification or essential function of this position. Employees who may drive for state business will need their driver’s license checked prior to operating a state vehicle.
- Requires occasionally lifting or moving such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently.
To Apply: go to the State of Minnesota Job Board, then type in "38249" into keywords.