Careers in Food Engineering
Food engineers design and develop systems for production, processing, distributing, and storing food and agricultural materials.
Applications include food safety and quality, biorefining, pharmaceuticals, and environmentally-friendly packaging.
Graduates are employed by industry and consulting companies. For students who take advantage of the many internship, co-op, or research assistantships available in the department, and who do not limit their job search geographically, job placement is nearly 100%.
Starting salaries for recent graduates ranged between $45,000-$60,000.
- What Can I Do With A Major in Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering? (PDF)
Useful information and websites compiled by the CSE Career Center
- Careers in Food Engineering (PDF)
Information to help highlight your skills and qualifications when you meet with prospective employers
- Food engineer
- Process engineer
- Bioprocess engineer
- Plant engineer
- Project engineer
- Product development engineer
- Research and development engineer
- Food safety and quality engineer
- Plant manager
- Apprentice researcher
- Engineering consultant
- Food and process engineer
- Manufacturing plant manager
- Process safety engineer
- Product design engineer
- Product manager
- Research engineer
- Research and process engineer
- Research scientist
- Systems engineer