Partnerships built on history and tradition to benefit students
The BBE Advisory Council consists of organizations, government agencies, businesses and individuals. These members are actively engaged in the broad areas of bioproducts and biosystems. They support the educational and research mission of the department through the following subcommittees:
- Academic Advisory - Support the faculty with undergraduate curricula and accreditation of the departmental programs.
- Placement, Scholarship and Council Membership - Leverage industry partners to provide students with financial support, networking and employment opportunities, which will in turn grow the Council.
- Student Recruitment and Retention - Assist with bringing new students to our programs and then providing services and activities to retain them throughout their college career.
Board members for 2017-18
Board of directors
- Jennifer Aho, Medtronic
- Walter Eshenaur, SRF Consulting
- Anita Hall, General Mills (Retired)
- Bruce Johnson, Viking Forest Products
- David Kolsrud, DAK Renewable Energy
- Dan Peterson, Toro Company
- Heidi Peterson, International Plant Nutrition Institute
- Jack Stanley, AstenJohnson and LST/PIMA
- Ben Wallace, Marvin Windows and Doors