NAWLA Minneapolis Regional Meeting
Preregistration is required. Please contact Shannon Peyer, email@example.com, for more information.
- $20 for students
Schedule at a glance
- 4 pm - 5 pm: Registration and networking
- 5 pm - 6 pm: Speaker presentation
- 6 pm - 8 pm: Networking reception
2018 Speaker Presenation
This year's speaker is Jim Bowyer, Professor Emeritus, UMN Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering. He'll be presenting the following:
Part I: Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Wood and Competing Construction Materials
- This presentation will outline the essential nature of life cycle assessment, examine its application to evaluation of construction materials, and present the outcome of recent assessments.
Part II: Current Political Climate
- How does the current political climate affect our segment/marketplace? Discussion will address NAFTA, EU, Canada, Mexico, and tariffs.
About Jim Bowyer
Jim Bowyer is a professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering. He is a specialist in wood-based bioproducts and environmental life cycle assessment. While at the University of Minnesota, he led a research group focused on environmental performance of structural and non-structural biomaterials, served as department head, founded the Minnesota Cold Climate Housing Center, and founded and led the Bioproducts Management Development Institute. Upon retirement, he founded a consulting firm focused on helping organizations improve environmental performance and became an associate in Dovetail Partners, Inc., an environmental nonprofit that provides authoritative information about the impacts and trade-offs of environmental decisions.