We value having a diversity of views and experiences that enrich campus life and the academic experience and we seek to create an inclusive environment for learning and discovery. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to everything we do at the University of Minnesota, and within the Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering.
We are a team of students, postdocs, staff, and faculty committed to identifying gaps in the departmental climate around diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to closing those gaps through communication, training, and engaging with existing efforts and activities with the UMN Office for Equity and Diversity and the CFANS Office for Diversity & Inclusion.
Connecting DEI to BBE's Mission and Vision
In the Department of Bioproducts & Biosystems Engineering, we...
Glossary of DEI Terms
Cited from CFANS Office of Diversity & Inclusion
How Can I Get Involved?
- Email Natalie Hunt for more information on the BBE DEI Committee
- Participate in trainings through the Equity and Diversity Certificate Program
- Join the CSE Diversity & Inclusivity Alliance
- CFANS DEI Events Calendar and CSE DEI Events Calendar
- Reporting Resources: Learn about the Bias Response Referral Network, Report Misconduct at the U
- Sign up for the Equity and Diversity mailing lists